Sunday 14 December 2014

Game 24 Raptors at Knicks

The first quarter of the 2014-2015 NBA season is behind us and the Raptors have fared well! Sitting atop the Eastern Conference they take on Atlantic Division rivals New York tonight at Madison Square Garden


  • With a new coach (Derek Fisher) and new GM (Phil Jackson) New York had high hopes heading into this season. They've been brought back down to reality though and currently own a 5-20 record
  • Iman Shumpert is out for the game and JR Smith is questionable with a foot injury. As well as Ex-Raptor Andrea Bargnani who is still benched due to multiple injuries.
  • Former Raptors Jose Calderon and Quincy Acy now play for the Knicks. I'm sure some Raptor watchers hoped for a better future for these fan favourites from the past
Song Of The Day

"I Wanna Be A NY Ranger" - Misfits

I'll probably never write a blog for the NHL. If I do and need to do a write-up/song collaboration for a New York Rangers game i'm sure i'll regret tipping my hand in this blog. There is no song called "I Wanna Be A NY Knick" afterall. John Cafiero actually intended to let  punk brothers The Ramones record this song, but by the time it came about The Ramones had already stopped making music. The Misfits then came aboard and gave the song the proper energy and power it deserved.


I don't wanna be a NY Knick...


No comments:

Post a Comment